Pin this image!
I'm pretty sure you have all heard of HelloFresh but in case you didn't know, they are the company where you receive delicious and pre-measured ingredients along with chef-made recipes to make your life easier. You are reading this because you want an honest review on HelloFresh or you are thinking about trying it because you heard people doing it, or you are curious about what I have to say. Whatever the reason might be, here is my positive expereience with HelloFresh. This review is not paid or sponsored, just my honest opinion why I love them.
Before I dive in, here is a little bit about my eating style: I like eating healthy and I eat small portions. I do not prefer having to cook for a long time (1 hour or longer) but I do want to eat quality and healthy food, not junk. Want to get some homemade healthy recipes? Click here.
I used to grocery shop every two weeks from HEB or Costco, mostly would meal prep or cook the same dish with high protein meal that fills me up fast. However, I got tired of eating the same thing over and over. After trying HelloFresh, I knew this was exactly what I wanted! So let's get right into these 5 reasons I love about HelloFresh.
1. Fast & Effective Customer Service
On my first order, for some reason, I didn't receive my HelloFresh box. I was expecting it and when I heard that it didn't come in, I was disappointed. After talking to a service representative on HelloFresh website, they replied within 1 minute, apologized and credited me the balance back. I was impressed how fast and accurate they handled their guest problems. They also reply in a timely manner if you have any questions along the way.
2. The Choice To Skip Weeks
This part is my FAVORITE with HelloFresh! You don't have to necessarily get boxes every week. There is no "mandatory" or "forced" payment where you need to order meals all the time. If you don't see anything you like that week, you can skip. If you don't feel like cooking, just skip another week. No additional cost. Then onto the next week. I've skipped two weeks in a row just because I didn't really like the menu they had.
3. Future Menus & Variety
There are a lot of choices of menus to choose from and many of them are normally healthy and delicious. You can easily view this on the HelloFresh app. First choose the plan type. There are Classic Plan, Veggie Plan, and Family Plan. I go with the classic plan just because Veggie plan is way too healthy for me. Plus, I cook for myself so Family Plan is a bit much. You can also choose the plan size. It seems like the 2 people x 3 meals work for me the best. You also have choices where it's 2 people x 2 meals (but this one comes with the additional shipping cost of $7.99) and 2 people x 4 meals and 4 people x 3 meals. All depends on how many people you have in your family and how often you want to cook.
4. Balanced Meal With Veggies
While I like vegetables, I find myself not eating them as often just because I don't buy them while grocery shopping. Have you ever experienced that? when you buy veggies while grocery shopping thinking you will use it, but end up not eating them? Not sure what to cook with? End up throwing them away because it got bad? You are not alone, it happens to me all the time.
With HelloFresh delivery kit, it all comes with the controlled portion so you won't have to worry about throwing the leftovers. It helps you to eat more veggies and cook a balanced meal. Examples would be ginger, carrot, bok choy, onions, broccoli, cashew, walnut, garlic, zucchini...etc.
5. Learning How To Cook
I don't necessarily consider myself a talented cook but I know how to cook. What surprised me was how easy it is to play with the ingredients. I learn everyday while cooking with the easy step by step recipe and ingredients HelloFresh has. It's really fun. Even beginners can follow it since everything is pre-measured. If you are looking to learn how to cook or just want to start with simple things, HelloFresh is a good way to start!
1. I love the small controlled portion of food. HelloFresh tend to send you extra food and I am not complaing; but I find myself not using all of those sauces such as mayo or vinegar. What do I do? I will customize the meal and use the leftover ingredients later on. These small things that HelloFresh already does it for you will make your life so much easier.
2. Customize leftover food. For instance, let's say you ordered tomato basil flatbread but you don't feel like eating it. Guess what I did? I put the leftover flatbread in the oven, added the leftover cheese on top and then added some tomato pasta sauce on top. This quickly became a homemade simple pizza for me. Another good way is to dip the toasted flatbread in some honey and you have yourself a quick and easy dessert! Both of the dishes were delicious.
3. Everything is easier to do through your phone app rather than the website.
4. No hassle method. Instead of rewrapping ingredients and cook the same meal again, just put everything in it. For example, let's say on eof the ingredients are honey. HelloFresh will give you a small packet of honey. Then, on the recipe, it will say, use half of it (per one meal). I use all of the honey and all of the other ingredients as well. Make it simple and just make two meals and eat it later.
****If you decide to make delicious food with HelloFresh and want to get $40 off on your first delivery, use my code here. ****
Just like you, I did have my doubts at first even though I read a lot of different customers reviews. I'm glad I tried it out because it really works out well for me. All of these recipe directions are easy to follow and makes dinner time even more delightful than it's supposed to be. It's like you are channeling your inner beginner chef skills. The final result of the plate you make will leave you proud and happy!
Things I've Learned:
1. For some reason, I always thought anything using oven was difficult. I avoided at all costs. Now? After cooking with HelloFresh so many times, I think it's probably one of the most easiest thing ever aside from having to wash big pans later on.
2. Did you know, you could use jam for sauce for a meal? I thought it only went with PB&J sandwich.
3. Sweet potato is one of my favorite food and my mom always cooked it for me but I didn't know how. There are different methods but here's a very easy one. Cut them into slices, drizzle some oil on top, season it with salt & pepper. Set the temp, put it in the oven, flip few times and you are done. Isn't that awesome?
Hope you enjoyed this detailed post and please share. If you have any other questions regarding HelloFresh, please feel free to ask!
◇Again, if you want to try and cook some delicious food with HelloFresh, here's my code to get $40 off on your first delivery!◇
Hey there! I'm Claire. Clairebear Blogs is an outlet for people like you who loves trying new dishes, traveling beautiful destinations, & capturing moments.
Throughout my blog, you will get travel stories, restaurant & bar reviews, hotel reviews, homemade recipes and many positive lifestyle tips!
If you enjoyed my posts here, don't forget to like, comment, and share with your friends!
Let's be Instagram Friends!
Get the most important food, travel & lifestyle news to your inbox!