Writer’s block, I get it. This is why I created this ultimate list for food bloggers with food blog ideas.
These food blog ideas can help you whether you’re a food blogger who specializes in restaurants, cafes or home cooking.
- Let’s talk about opening a new restaurant
- Review an existing or new restaurant
- Interview with the chef
- Interview with the kitchen staff
- Interview with the owner
- Interview with the frontline staff
- Events in the restaurant industry, locally and internationally
- A guide to fine dining etiquette
- Guide to eating in a particular culture
- The history of the restaurant
- The best restaurants in a specific area, city, state, or country
- The best restaurants in a specific cuisine’s area, country, or neighbourhood.
- The best take-aways from a specific cuisine’s restaurants in a neighbourhood, country, or area are:
- Your top picks for a particular cuisine in your area, city, or country
- A list of the best restaurants to cater for a particular occasion
- List of top restaurants that cater to a particular dietary need (vegetarians, vegans, keto, etc.)
- Your top chefs and personalities in the restaurant business
- Restaurants and chefs share exclusive recipes
- The farm from which the restaurant gets their meats and produce is highlighted
- Video of the dining experience
- Video of the chef at work
- Behind the scenes video
- Video of the day at the restaurant
- A beginner’s guide to interior photography in restaurants
- A beginner’s guide to restaurant photography
- A beginner’s guide to portrait photography for chefs
- Guide to buying cameras, lenses, and portable lighting
Home cooking / Home baking
- Share a recipe
- Make a classic recipe again
- 1-pot-wonder recipes
- Three-step recipes
- 10-minute recipes
- Feature an ingredient
- Highlight the essentials in your home kitchen (sauces and spices, ingredients).
- Recipes that specialize in a specific cuisine
- Buying guide for cooking/baking pots, pans, etc
- How-to post (e.g. How to cut an onion and how to make pasta
- A review on a kitchen appliance (e.g. Instant Pot, Air Fryer, Oven)
- A beginner’s guide to food photography
- Guide to buying props that will elevate your food photography
Vegetarian, Vegan, and Holistic Foods
- Make a recipe for unhealthy food healthy
- A food’s nutritional importance and health benefits
- Interview with a nutritionist, a holistic/vegan chef, or a health professional.
- A guide to assist people in making the transition to eating better
- Featured organic farms that produce 100% organic vegetables and plants
- We feature the top restaurants that serve healthy, holistic, or vegan cuisines
- Highlight healthy food that can help a specific situation (food that lowers cholesterol).
Wine, spirits, beer, coffee and other beverages
- Tour of beverage-making facilities (Winery brewery, distillery, etc.
- The best places to drink the beverage (e.g. The best cafes and wine bars in your area, city, etc.
- The history of the beverage
- The history of the beverage-making ingredient (coffee beans, red wines)
- The process of making a beverage
- Guide to making cocktails at home
- Interview with the winemaker or brewery owner.
- The best drinks of the year
- A list of the top beverages you can drink during a holiday, event, or season
- Events on beverages at local and international levels
- Feature the most famous beverages from a particular country or place
This ultimate list of topics for food blogs is my hope.
This article can be saved and shared with foodies who are searching for ideas for food blogs.