We all love food. Some people get to taste the food while others share their experiences with the rest of world. Food bloggers are those who write about it and share it with everyone. A food blogger shares their opinions on food and amazing recipes. Food blogs are popular and can be started from your home.
Many people believe that food blogging can be easy. However, it is not. You must work hard and stay consistent. To be successful, you must know that planning is key.
Are you looking to start a food blog? We have compiled a step-by-step guide and examples from successful food bloggers in the area that will inspire you to begin your journey as food blogger.
- Choose the type of food blog
- Select a name for your blog
- Get your domain name
- Create a blog
- Create amazing content
- Market your blog
Choose the type of food blog you want
First, choose the type of food blog you want. You can choose a niche you are interested in, such as gluten-free, kids meals, vegan, or reviews of fast food restaurants. You could also choose to specialize in one type of food, such as chocolate, meat, or bakery. You should make sure that your niche is both specific enough to make your blog stand out and broad enough to allow you to create tons more content.
Name your blog
You should choose a name that is both descriptive of your blog and reflects your business. The most important decision you will make is choosing a blog name. Make your blog name simple and memorable so that people will remember it.
If you are a blogger who blogs about baking in Dubai, you could call your blog “Bake X Dubai”, or “Healthy and Yummy” if you create healthy recipes. There are many options for naming your blog after yourself, your hometown, or the niche that you specialize in. Get creative.
Get your domain name
To establish the online identity for your blog, you must first get a domain. It will cost you a few dirhams to purchase the domain name. GoDaddy allows you to purchase a domain and select the domain extension that suits your needs best, such as.kitchen or.cooking.
Related: 10 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Domain Name
Your blog is ready to go
You’re now ready to start building the blog. There are two choices: either hire a web developer, which can be expensive, or you can build it yourself.
WordPress can be used to create your own blog. GoDaddy’s WordPress Hosting is a reliable WordPress hosting provider. It comes with pre-built websites, a drag and drop editor for beginners, and automatic WordPress core software updates and security updates. Install WordPress, it’s free, and connect your domain to the blog. Next, choose a theme that has a simple and clean design.
This article also has a step-by-step guide for starting a blog in just 19 minutes.
Related: 9 Steps to Start a Successful Food Blog
Start creating amazing content
Are you done setting up a functional and pleasant blog? Now it’s time to either buy blog articles or get started writing. Here are some tips to help you create engaging and unique content that will continue to attract visitors.
- Make mouthwatering videos and photos: It’s an old saying: “Eyes eat before the lips.” Your readers will be most impressed by the photograph of a dish, whether it is for restaurant reviews or food blogs. Sometimes, readers won’t read a recipe because it looks good. They may decide to make it a habit of reading it because it looks tasty. You can look at online videos on food photography before you publish your first piece. It is worth taking the time to plan and conceptualize your dish. To show the steps, you can even record a video and upload it. Remember to post only the best photos.
- Post frequently and consistently: You have the option to choose how often you post content, such as once per day, once per week, or once per month. You should ensure that your content is consistent and regular. Your readers love to see regular posts. This helps them to remember when to visit your blog to find new posts.
- Create your own recipes: It’s not a good idea to copy or adapt other people’s recipes, especially if it’s important that you stand out and create unique content. It’s a great way to grab the attention of readers by creating your own recipes.
- Be authentic, different and unique: Genuineness and authenticity will make your blog shine. We recommend that you stay true to yourself, that your blog reflect your personality, and that your blog tone is sincere.
Market your blog
How will people find your blog now that it’s up and running? How can they find it? How do you drive traffic to your blog’s website? To drive traffic to your blog, you should create a marketing strategy and plan. These are some marketing strategies that you can employ:
- SEO: Optimizing your blog to search engines. Learn more about search engine optimization (also known as SEO). Yoast is a plugin that will help you optimize each post for search engines if you are using WordPress. This guide can be used to help you write search-friendly blog content. Your content will rank organically in search engines.
- Start collecting the email addresses of your audience to create a mailing list. Once you have a good list, you can start sending out newsletters monthly, biweekly, or weekly to keep your subscribers informed about the latest content, blog news, and other updates. GoDaddy offers an email marketing service to help you create and track emails that can be integrated with your website. All plans include mobile-friendly design and professional templates.
- Get active on social media: The first step is to set up social media accounts like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Instagram. This will allow you to share your articles or recipes. Think about where your potential readers are located. The sky is the limit when it comes to social media content for marketing your blog. You can share delicious photos of your recipes, step-by-step videos, fun facts, or even food contests.
Related: Social media marketing for small businesses
Five Food Bloggers to Follow for Inspiration
Let’s look at five food bloggers who are well-known in the area that you can follow to inspire and motivate you on your own culinary journey.
Dima, a Dubai-based Food Artisan, is the author of ‘Plated Heirlooms’, a multi-award-winning cookbook. Her website features her culinary journey, recipes, and news about her company. Her online shop, “Mooneh”, sells artisanal goods. Her blog is not only a place to post recipes, but she also reviews and compares cuisines, and offers culinary tips and tricks.
But First Chai
Famidha, an Indian expat living in Dubai is the founder of But First Chai. Her blog is international and her recipes are diverse. Her blog contains many useful information, including recipes for breakfast, ice creams, stews, and soups. She also posts regular blog updates. In this challenge, she prepares a dish from every country in the world and then publishes it.
Foodie & Fabulous:
Foodie & Fabulous is Rupal Bhatikar. She’s a passionate home-cook with a curiosity for cuisines, cultures, documenting delicious food & travel adventures, nominated for Best UAE Blogs at Masala Awards and Ahlan Awards 2015 and named one of the top 15 influential foodies on social media according to HotelierMiddleEast.com. She shares delicious recipes and travel diaries of her experiences eating in foreign countries.
Sara began her career in 2015 as a food blogger and has been sharing delicious recipes on her blog ever since. Her social media accounts, aside from her blog are dedicated to sharing her cooking experiences as well as reviews of restaurants and culinary tools.
EAT. SLEEP DUBAI REPEAT:
Yasir Chaudhry is an expert on all things Dubai has to offer. His blog is eye-catching and features vivid, vibrant imagery. His blog has a humorous and amusing tone that will keep your attention.
All the food bloggers we mentioned have a functional and up-to-date blog. To market their blogs and drive traffic, they are active on social media platforms. We hope you find the steps and tips helpful in launching your food blog.
Stefano, based in London is GoDaddy’s Vice President of EMEA. His extensive experience in leading and building global teams in media and technology has given him a solid foundation. Stefano is a journalist and author. He is passionate about innovation and technology.